Saturday, June 9, 2007

JOY is the key

One week after my new insights, it's taken some time to integrate the new knowledge...

At first I made the mistake of focusing my visualization only on imagination. While this worked very well in the short term; after about 3 days it proved unsustainable.

Then two conversations on separate occasions with my dear friend Lotta really made a difference.

In the first she reminded me to focus on the "feeling" of what it was I felt was missing as present -in the present- instead of looking to completion only being satisfied in a future formed by the mind's imagination.

In the second conversation we had, "Joy" was brought up. And how focusing on it brings joy into your life automatically. This reminded me once again to break my tendency to be too analytical about things; and allowed a big shift. This has given me new strength to my ability to simply 'be' and to be utterly content with things as they are.

Magically the two seem utterly connected as by focusing on experiencing joy in the present, and by focusing on quality in the current aspects of your life, you naturally attract the two: they are linked together by the hip - as it were.

Bruce gave me the advice that I should try and adopt the ideas of 'the secret' into my own current methods; and this is certainly very good advice. At first I was applying these techniques literally; but now I feel like a lot less conscious effort is required.

All you need to do is to focus some of your day on fostering the new positive outlooks; and then the rest of the day you can focus on finding and experiencing the joy of what already exists by seeking and creating joy all around you where ever you can.

once the new positive outlook is established, you don't really even need to think about it very much anymore - if at all; it simply becomes a part of your entire world-view-belief-system.

Being self aware of your thoughts and unlearning thoughts that are now no longer seen as beneficial: is a real long process; but if you stick with it, it absolutely works, and the benefits are enormous. And focussing on joy really makes this a lot easier as you naturally become a lot less hard on yourself.

You know what's really strange though?

I feel like I've been learning so much in this life. I grew up in so many places, learned how to meditate when i was young; and continually meet such illuminated people - sometimes I feel like the sheer magnitude of what I have learned is so vast; that it seems strange to imagine that I'm the person who has experienced all these things.

I mean, imagine: reincarnation. Supposedly in other lives I would experience other things, why is it then that in this life I seem to be experiencing so many different things? - all magically together - it's as if I am getting a tour of the world, during a moment of peak-energy [with planes etc.] - which coincidently allows me to travel all over the place to learn, meet and experience so many different things.

When I view my life from this special position: one where I am in a vast position of privilege: I can't help but feel as if I am near the end of a reincarnation cycle.

All I do know is that I can feel the bliss of total enlightenment. It's presence occupies the space all around me; and yet in our sense of time, my life experience only relatively rarely dips into it.

But I know its real. As real as the air you breath. I've been there and I've experienced it as clearly as the sunshine on my face.

Certainly I don't presume to know all that much; I remain hopefully wise enough to always remember how relative and simple my significance and wisdom is in the greater scheme of things. And it's probably true that I think I know a lot now, but in some other time I'll know so much more that I'll look back at this time with a sense of naive compassion. I'm sure that in this life alone, the lessons behind me still probably dwarf all the lessons ahead. In this sense I know my humble place.

What I am talking about instead, is that cross-leap that we all suposedly have within us. How any person, plant, animal or thing suposedly is connected to the 'one' we [generally] all know exists [on some level] [sorry atheists], but find allusive in this life. That place that permeates infinity and breaks all practical modes of thinking. That place we all have locked within us and is our uniqueness forever. Ours to cherish, to experience, to trust... to enjoy.

No comments: