Saturday, June 16, 2007

rats in swamps with trombones prelaunch destination English fairy tale

If you watched rats drinking something, and some of them shriveled up and died - would you drink it?

Well, apparently according to Coca Cola, you will - because they die from a specific form of cancer that humans don't get... yeah... right.

Coca Cola is changing their synthetic sugar to a new synthetic source. It was on the radio here; though maybe you didn't hear it. This source is not approved in Europe [its on the banned list] but the pressure is 'on' to have Europe accept this new chemical.

Presumably this new chemical X is cheaper to fabricate/more readily producible than their old chemical Y they were using before.

There are so many things that we know can give people cancer all around us - Why add yet another possible contribution?

Did I ever tell you how nice it is to just drink a glass of water?

Nothing beats the REAL thing

I mentioned this to some people who were drinking coca cola this week, their response?

"yeah but i need my caffeine and sugar!"

But do you really?

Presumably humans flourished very well before we could rapid-inject sugar and caffeine.

I've been getting quite into:
Neuro-linguistic programming

If you say to someone:

"yeah but i need my caffeine and sugar!"

Then you really do need it!!

The more I observe this subject, the more I realize that how you speak to others about yourself / your thoughts is akin to a form of self hypnosis.

So I feel that in the mere act of 'communicating' thoughts, you not only spread ideas that do not only beyond you: [memes] but you are also self-hypnotizing yourself into a self-chosen sub-state of reality...

Life


This week i rented a car and went on a beautiful two day trip into Frisland [North-East Netherlands] with a friend of mine: Naomi. It was nice spending some time with her exploring Holland - this was the first time I drove in this country. Canoing in the marshes is great! Probably one of the nicest things you can do in Holland.

Quite a nice end to the last two months I've been here - cause on Friday I'm flying off to England where I'll be on the road again - exploring the land of druids, moles, standing stones, elves and fairies.

Roughly I'll be going from London to Bristol, Bath and then to the south western peninsula / Cornwall. Along the way I'll be stopping at a Safari! Not sure if I will be doing most of my travels by car, bus or train... I'm kinda leaving it till I get there to figure it out.

Being on the road is going to be really good. It will give me a chance to reflect on what has happened in the last two months since I am back; how I have grown; and what new directions lay ahead of me.

Progress on my book and tattoo has been very slow this last week; I guess there were other things on my mind.

Been going to the gym as much as I can though, and I'm starting to mark the difference.

Went to a concert this week, supper expensive, but I had to go... the band was Burning Spear [=roots reggae] and it was great!

Man I'm in love right now with brass instruments... they had a trumpet, saxophone and trombone. and they sounded like golden layers of love whenever they played together. And their solos were excellent. UG! so nice! Their drummer was also hyper-good, he was a real joy to watch play... animated, like a child crouching over his toy-kit, playing soft teasing riffs and then he would raise up, a perfectly muscle toned and strikingly hansom black man, and smash the drums down with perfect force and timing all over the place in a chaos of orderly might.

Burning spear himself is a man of at least 70 if not 80 years old; a real character, singing, sliding, dancing and bouncing across the stage.

No comments: