Sunday, November 25, 2007

Life bouncing

Hello humans,

I've been back from France now for a few days, and I've already done another trip and back to Rotterdam in the mean time.

In France my mother and I did not find a permanent place for her to stay, but we did manage to find a temporary place for January which suits our plans amply enough to allow the process of my mothers move to continue.

On the last days in France, totally unexpected to me - I met a lady from Quebec named Josiane. Josiane is currently traveling through Spain on her way towards Morocco and Tunisia on a potentially long journey. She and I spent some nice times together at the hostel and by a beautiful lake. Since my return, we both decided to see each other again for longer. So this Tuesday I am off to meet up with her in Barcelona, Spain.

I'm excited and so very lucky indeed; this has been really quite the year for sure!

You can view photos of my stay in France on my first photo album:

http://picasaweb.google.com/schedal

Rotterdam was really nice, I had a really great time with Simon and other friends like Max, Leslie, Peter etc. Simon is such an inspiration in music. We saw a Múm live during the Icelandic music festival [we did some conning at the door to get in for free, as it was sold out...] and got a bit too drunk two nights in a row. Icelanders are very-very interesting people, just watching them between those far-too-many free schnapps shots was enough to fill the soul with new perspectives. All in all, Simon gave me loads of precious musical tips, and we had lots of really nice conversations.

I left Rotterdam with a more clear idea of how to focus my musical energies in the future, I'm drawn now to the idea of integrating acoustic and electronic methods together into a performance - not as a solo artist, but as a member within a band. I could see myself playing keyboards + electronic/acoustic percussives with my button bay more single-purposed to samples, editing effects and full-filling a role within a group performance... I'm definitely looking forward to the time when I will have a bit of location-stability so that i can continue to work on these musical ideas.

1 comment:

Bruce Scanlon said...

Nice site update :-)